The market for the best inflatable pontoon boats is wildly diverse. Great in shallow water, they are a hit with the avid fisherman. Yet, they can handle mild rapids and be stored in the trunk of your car. In minutes, they can be set up –which beats getting a kayak off a car roof. Some are frameless, others have frames of PVC, Aluminum or steel. These are the cream of the crop, based on our inflatable pontoon boat reviews.
Classic Accessories Colorado XTS Fishing Inflatable Pontoon Boat with Swivel Seat
1. Classic Accessories dominates this list with their well made product. It is no surprise one of their boats is in the number one spot on the 10 Best Inflatable Pontoon Boats with their Colorado XTS. This boat has it all. Wire rack for a battery and dual position engine mount. A mesh bag anchor system so you won’t drift out of your favorite fishing spot. A stowable transport wheels so you don’t have to drag it along the ground when launching. Three locking oar positions so you can put your oars up and they will stay in place. Removable side pockets for storing the boat. Granted they become a “tote” not a cool backpack but either way the boat is still its own carrying case. Much like the Colorado Boat the XTS also has 20 pockets. This may seem high but this boat gets you more value for your dollar than any other.
Classic Accessories Colorado Boat
2. Oars are what usually come to mind when thinking of inflatable pontoon boats. With the Colorado Boat, the rear mount for an engine is its selling point. The rear mount has a wire mesh basket designed for a battery to power the engine. Moderately priced, this boat beats out the Togiak for storage with its 20 pockets and 2 drink holders.
Classic Accessories Roanoke Inflatable Pontoon Boat
3.This inexpensive durable craft is a terrific starting point for anyone new to the water. With a raised seat and adjustable footrest, the Roanoke has both comfort and a nice view. The seat also folds for storage. The frame is steel and the boat sets up in five minutes. The boat comes with two 6 foot aluminum oars and is reasonably priced. The boat is rated for class 1 rapids and has an abrasion-resistant PVC bottom in case you scrape something.
Classic Accessories The Togiak Pontoon Float Tube
4. Of all the boats on the list, this one is the most lightweight, smallest and cheapest. While it may be tiny in size it boasts a 300lb weight capacity. This micro-yatch is best suited for the fly fisherman. While anything more than class 1 rapids may be off-limits but in lakes, reservoirs and rivers the Togiak excels. For its tiny size this thing is covered in pockets. It has reel pockets, gear pockets, small mesh pockets, flat zip pockets and a rear mesh storage platform. Weighing only 12.5 pounds this is also a great first boat for a young teenager.
Classic Accessories Bozeman Inflatable Pontoon Boat with Backpack
5. So here we are at the #5 spot of 10 Best Inflatable Pontoon Boats. Half way through and I promise you this boat is not just here because it has a great gimmick, but this boat has a great gimmick. After you’re done with your day on the water and you are returning to camp, deflate your boat and it becomes a backpack! This is the best-priced boat for anyone looking to portage.
Outcast Fish Cat 9-IR Pontoon
6. This is a boat for the adventure, no motor mount, and no frills. This is 9 feet of boat that you have to put you back into and row. This boat is super durable with 500 PVC fabric, but it is also high in price.
Sea Eagle Foldcat Inflatable Pontoon Boat
7. This big boat has it all. Accoutrements include: 360-degree swiveling seats, a standing armrest, mount for a 3hp engine, 650lb weight capacity, and an aluminum slat floor. This is for the serious fishermen. The design of the vessel doesn’t allow for the type of handling needed for white water rapids. Yet taking this out into a bay or large body of water wouldn’t be a problem. As far as inflatable pontoon boats go the Sea Eagle is a cruise ship –a boat of real luxury. Of course luxury comes with a price tag.
Classic XL 8′ Pontoon Boat
8. This is 8 feet of old school; no motors, no cool tricks, just an all-around solid boat. What gets it on the list is the boat is a steal.
Sea Eagle 285FPB
9. This boat is frameless with no metal parts; so rust is not a worry. This pontoon boat has a 6-foot interior and rear swivel seat. The manufacturer boasts on Amazon.com “set up in 4 minutes.” Much like other inflatables it will fit in the trunk of a car. There is a small floor and two fishing rod holders. So if you need a spot for your tackle box and catch bucket this might be for you. Aside from being pricey the boat has a mild defect. Among the features is an engine mount, but if you turn the engine too hard you can catch the hull with the propeller. This would not be good in any boat but even worse in a boat that sinks when you let the air out.
Classic Accessories Cimarron Pontoon Boat
10. This 8-foot long boat has a steel frame and abrasion-resistant PVC bottoms. These features are all pretty standard. What gets this one on the list is its padded seat with an extended back rest to give leverage while rowing. So if you have back problems this might be the boat for you. While fairly inexpensive the craft does not have a reputation for durability. If you don’t wash it after every use especially in salt water, the frame tends to rust.
With each boat on this list being so different judging the best one for you might seem hard. Yet, of all the boats of the 10 best inflatable pontoon boats the Colorado XTS Fishing Boat has the best overall features for its price, as you can tell from our best inflatable pontoon boat reviews.