Red Velvet Cupcakes
(trichy, tamilnadu, india)
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Frosted Icing
RED VELVET CUPCAKES
2 pre-cooked chopped beets, skin removed
1/3 cup oil
¾ cup soy milk
2 tbsp agave or honey
1, 8 oz packet of tofutti cream cheese
2 oz margarine/butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups confectioners sugar
Transparent candy bits (optional)
• Put the beets in the blender along with the oil, milk and agave.
• Blend till it is smooth.
• Mix the beet blend with the cake mix thoroughly, till smooth and even.
• Pour into a pre-greased or lined cupcake tin and bake for 15 minutes at 350 F preheated oven.
• Blend the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and sugar well and chill.
• Take the cupcakes out of the oven after they are done and let them sit for at least 15 minutes to cool.
• Frost with the cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with candy bits or sparkles